CBT Licence at merton

Merton CBT Training

Taking your CBT Training in Merton is the first step to getting out on the road on a scooter or motorcycle. Your CBT - which stands for Compulsory Basic Training - will only take one day - you don’t need to worry about lessons. Although it’s commonly referred to as the CBT Test, you don’t have to worry about failing, as there is no actual Test. Here’s what you can expect from your CBT.

Taking your CBT Training in Merton

Bikewize Motorcycle Training are based in Sutton, just a short walk from Sutton Common station, which makes them ideally located for travel from Merton. They have a large range of 50cc and 125cc motorcycles and scooters for you to use during your training, and the local roads are relatively quiet.

Phoenix Motorcycle Training in Crystal Palace are a long established school who offer a large choice of bikes to train on. Phoenix also supply jackets, boots, helmets and gloves to all students. Phoenix are the UK's first MCIAC Gold Standard School, which means they provide the very best training in the UK.

Slightly further from Merton, Ipass are a friendly training school located just two minutes walk from Richmond station. Their facilities include changing rooms and an on-site cafe. Ipass are MCIAC Approved.

What can I ride for my CBT?

You don’t need to own your own motorcycle or scooter for your CBT Training in Merton, the school will provide you with one you can use. If you’re 16-years-old you’ll be limited to motorcycles or scooters with a capacity of no more than 50cc and a limited top speed of 30mph. If you’re 17-years-old and above you’ll be allowed to ride anything up to 125cc with a maximum power output of 11kW.

If you choose to complete your CBT on an automatic machine, such as a scooter, then you won’t be limited to just automatic machines once you head out onto the road on your own, although we would suggest completing your CBT on whatever type of machine you are likely to be using once you have completed your CBT. In our opinion, these are the best scooters and motorcycles for commuting.

Your CBT certificate only last two years, which means you’ll have to retake your CBT every two years if you wish to continue riding.

What do I need for my CBT?

The school will provide riding equipment that you need for the day, such as a helmet, gloves and jacket, although it’s best to check exactly what they can provide. For your lower half you’ll want to wear the sturdiest pair of trousers you own, such as some thick jeans, and some boots that cover your ankle, such as walking boots.

UK’s #1 platform for motorcycle training

RideTo operates in more than 40 cities across the UK and has helped new riders book over 250,000 hours of motorcycle training.