What is the Peace of Mind Policy?
Taking your CBT for the first time can be a nerve wracking experience which doesn't always go to plan, that's why we created the RideTo Peace of Mind policy.
With the Peace of Mind Policy:
- RideTo pay for the second day of training if you do not complete the course on day 1
- Covers you for not completing the course if you fail due to issues such as balance, clutch control and steering
- Purchase anytime before your CBT course starts
- Does not cover turning up late, with the wrong equipment or failing the eyesight or highway code requirements of booking
Are you a bit nervous of learning to ride in one day?
Although the CBT is not a test, the instructor may stop your training for your own safety at any point during the day.
Each of the 5 elements of the CBT course MUST be completed successfully in order to move onto the next.
If you are struggling with balance, stopping, starting, turning or clutch control, the course will end and you will be asked to come back for further training.
If your training is stopped - YOU would normally need to pay for an additional day of training.
BUT with the Peace of Mind Policy WE WILL PAY for your second day of training saving you OVER £130!*
The Peace of Mind Policy is an additional cost to your CBT training price -
When can I purchase it?
The Peace of Mind Policy can be added to your order at the same time as booking your CBT or added on at any point before your training begins just in case you get pre-CBT jitters the night before!
Why would I need a second day of training?
Your instructor may decide you need more training if you haven't got to grips well enough with controlling the bike or performing the exercises to the required standard. Both of these reasons make you and other road users unsafe.
How do I book my second day of training?
If you're told you need more training and had purchased the Peace of Mind Policy before your training started, drop us an email at email@example.com within 48 hours of your training day notifying us you would like to claim a 2nd day under the Peace of Mind offer.
We'll then contact the instructor for a written report of your training. Once we have this, assuming the report is in line with the terms of the policy we will then offer you some dates for your second day of training, you must then accept your date of choice within the next 14 days.
What does the Peace of Mind Policy not cover?
- Lack of understanding of the Highway Code
- Turning up to training with either no or incorrect documentation
- Turning up to training with incorrect clothing
- If you decide to stop training at any point during the course
- If you turn up late / miss your training completely
- Not understanding the English language
- Failing the eye test - you have to be able to read a license plate from 20.5 meters away, with or without glasses
- Any claims made more than 48 hours after the course ends
- You can view the full terms and conditions here.
Do I get the money back if I don't need a second day of training?
No, your purchase is for peace of mind so you know you are covered if something goes wrong - i.e you aren't safe enough to get your CBT certificate after one day of training. You will not be refunded the £29.99 if you pass after one day. It could however save you over £130 if you do need another day of training.
Does the Peace of Mind Policy offer a guaranteed pass?
No, it is not an insurance policy or guaranteed pass and we accept no liability for the training or training outcome booked through our website if you do not complete after a second day of training. Any further training after the second day will need to be paid for by yourself.
Can I add the Peace of Mind Policy to my DAS course booking?
No, the Peace of Mind offer applies to CBT courses only and does not cover full motorcycle licenses or any other course on RideTo.