When you don’t need to take CBT

You don’t have to take CBT if you:

If you have passed your driving test before 1st February 2001 and want to rider a moped and scooter with a power output of up to 50cc.

Want to ride a motorcycle and have a full moped licence from passing a moped test since 1 December 1990

have a full motorcycle licence for one category and want to upgrade to another

If you ride on offshore Island Click to find out more information

This information is given to you as a guide to support you in your choice of licence and RideTo has made every attempt to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the information provided about motorcycle licence and training requirements. However, RideTo cannot guarantee the information is up to date, correct and complete and is therefore provided on an "as is" basis only. RideTo accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss or damage howsoever arising. We recommend that you verify the current licence and training requirements by checking the DVSA website.